Protein Pumpkin & Parmesan muffins with chorizo sprinkle
Makes 10 muffins – best served warm!
- 2 cups almond meal
- 2 tablespoons of Peptipro Collagen Hydrolysate powder (blue tub)
- 1 cup finely grated pumpkin (firmly packed)
- ½ cup olive oil + 1 tablespoon
- 1 medium sized onion finely chopped
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon of apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoons of finely chopped fresh rosemary
- ½ cup grated parmesan (or other aged hard cheese)
- ½ teaspoon of Himalayan salt
- generous grind of cracked pepper
- 1 small chorizo salami cut into chunks
- additional parmesan for sprinkling (optional)
- Preheat oven to 160 degrees Celsius
- Line muffin tin with 12cm square pieces of baking paper or muffin liners.
- Sauté chopped onion with 1 tablespoon of olive oil on low heat until soft and caramelized. Set aside briefly until cool enough to add to batter
- In a large bowl whisk all the together to form a thick batter.
- Spoon into prepared muffin cases. ¾ full.
- Place small chunks of chorizo on top and sprinkle with additional parmesan cheese.
- Bake in the oven for 20 minutes.
Best eaten straight out of the oven!