Kakadu Plum Powder - 100grams Best source of Vitamin C
Gelpro Australia is proud to introduce one of Australia's best superfoods. Wildcrafted Kakadu Plum powder, is also know as Gubinge, Murunga or Billgoat Plum and is native to our home country Australia. It is considered a gift of the Dreamtime by indigenous Australians and it is easy to see why. It has one of the highest contents of Vitamin C of any fruit in the world and has been used by indigenous Australians for thousands of years as a food.
100 x more Vitamin C than an orange - 1 gram of Kakadu Plum = 1 full orange
So What's Kakadu Plum got to do with Collagen?
Everything! Vitamin C plays a critical role in the synthesis of Collagen (source) and proper collagen formation is not possible without adequate amounts of Vitamin C.
A source of Vitamin C, which
- Contributes to iron absorption from food
- Is necessary for normal connective tissue structure and function
- Is necessary for normal blood vessel structure and function
- Contributes to cell protection from free radical damage
- Is necessary for normal neurological function
- Contributes to normal growth and development in children
- Contributes to normal collagen formation for the normal structure of cartilage and bones
- Contributes to normal collagen formation for the normal function of teeth and gums
- Contributes to normal collagen formation for the normal function of skin
- Contributes to normal energy metabolism
- Contributes to normal psychological function
- Contributes to the normal immune system function
- Contributes to the reduction of tiredness and fatigue
Early indications are that the Kakadu Plum could have 7 x the antioxidant properties than our other favourite yellow powder - Turmeric (source). Imagine that!
Now we love our single ingredient, food based products so we are bringing you what is hands down the best source of Vitamin C, after all, we are committed to only providing the best.
Serving suggestions - 3 grams per day, added to smoothies, water, juice - with your collagen too.