There's something about sweet and sour gummies that brings us back to our childhood and almost feels like a naughty treat.
These Grapefruit, Passionfruit & Orange gummies are perfectly balanced and a wonderful way of sneaking in additional nutrients into your diet. We included a generous teaspoon of our Marine Collagen and two capsules of our Native C for added skin & immunity benefits.
Prep time: 10 minutes
Setting time: 2 hours
Makes: approx 12 gummies
For this recipe, we chose Ruby Red Grapefruit and we kept it separate from the orange & passionfruit juice so that we could also create some playful two toned gummies.
Ingredients you'll need:
- 1 cup of freshly squeezed grapefruit juice
- 2/3 cup of orange juice
- 1/3 cup of passionfruit pulp
- 4 tablespoons of our Natural Beef Gelatin powder
- (2 tbsps per cup of juice)
- 2 tablespoons of organic raw honey
- 2 capsules of our Raw Native Vitamin C
- 1 heaped teaspoon of Marine Collagen
- Silicon mould of choice or a glass tray
How to make Gut Loving Sweet & Sour Gummies:
- Add 1 heaped teaspoon of Marine Collagen to the Grapefruit Juice. Combine 2 tablespoons of gelatin with the juice and stir over a low heat until completely dissolved.
- Half fill the silicon moulds with the grapefruit juice mixture and allow to set in the fridge for approximately 10 minutes. This will ensure that this layer of the gummy will not be disturbed when you pour your second juice mixture into the mould.
- Empty two capsules of Native C into the Orange & Passionfruit Juice. Add two tablespoons of honey, 2 tablespoons of gelatin and stir over a low heat until completely combined.
- Completely fill the moulds with the orange & passionfruit mixture.
- Allow to set in the fridge for approximately two hours before removing from the moulds.
Notes & Tips
- These gummies can be stored in the fridge in an airtight container for up to 5 days.
- If you don't wish to achieve the two toned gummy effect, you can combine all the ingredients together in quick and one easy step.
- If you don't have a silicon gummy mould, you can also use a shallow glass tray, lightly greased with ghee or olive oil. This will make it easier to remove the gummies from the tray.
- You can also swap the Marine Collagen for our Peptipro, and the Beef Gelatin for our Organic Gelatin.
Watch us make it on Instagram: