Recipe by Life of Pie
- 250g organic cashews (activate them if you have gut issues)
- 2 cups collagen powder
- 1/2 cup lemon juice (2 lemons juiced)
- Zest of 2 lemons
- 3/4 tsp organic beetroot, strawberry or raspberry powder
- 4-6 drops quality lemon essential oil (optional, although it helps to enhance the lemon flavour)
- 2 Tbsp coconut oil
- 1/4 - 1/3 cup of powdered Lakanto to taste (start with 1/4 cup and add more in if desired)
- 2 tsp ginger powder (optional)
- 1 tsp ashwagandha powder (optional)
- Add the cashews, 1 cup collagen, ginger and ashwagandha (if adding these in), 1/4 cup lakanto and beetroot or berry powder to your thermomix bowl or food processor. Blitz the mixture together until it resembles a flour.
- Add in the coconut oil, lemon juice and another 1/2 cup of collagen. Blend until combined. Scrape down the sides of the bowl.
- Taste the mixture, add a touch more powdered lakanto if desired. Add in a few drops of the lemon essential oil and the remaining collagen powder.
- Re-blend until it reaches a very thick, sticky mix. Scoop the mixture into a pre-lined container. Place in the freezer to set.
- When it’s ready, thaw the chu chu slab for 3-5 minutes, slice and serve.
- Store in the freezer as it melts very quickly.